Tami P. brought Brady over to see Dr. Jenkins. While the doctor was checking Kacie he went ahead and checked Brady right in Kacie's room (that was nice). As he was checking his blood work on the computer he said, "Dude your back to normal!" I think the Doc was pretty excited. He said Brady would need to watch his dairy intake for another week and monitor his blood pressure until his top number is no longer over 100 then we can stop his blood pressure medicine. He didn't think that Brady would have any problems with his kidneys in the future.
Dr. Jenkins assured me that Kacie is getting better. She is still having a lot of nausea and some headaches. They are going to check on her gallbladder to make sure it's not causing some of the problems. Dr. Bettis said her EEG from yesterday was improved but he wants to continue her medicine for seizures for another week.Tami watched Brady and Rosie's kids so I could get out for a little bit. We did some shopping. It was a nice break from the hospital and it was fun to spend some money. Thanks so much Tami! I know that wasn't easy:)
Dr. Jansen is back tonight and told me we could have come back for a visit, we didn't need to stay to say goodbye. I think he was pretty surprised we were still here.
3 comments:
Tammy,
I was happy to help out yesterday and I slept like a rock last night for sure! ;)
It gave me a whole new appreciation and respect for what you've been dealing with...the Ronald McDonald house really is a wonderful facility, but I can't imagine being gone from home that long! I was glad to hear the positive reports from the docs and know that Brady is back to normal. He is such a sweet little boy and I'm glad he lets me hang out with him. Tell Kacie "hi" and give her a squeeze and that she still owes me a game of Yahtzee or Aggravation! I'll check on you later today! Love you!
It's nice to be reassured by the Dr. that things are going positive when it seems like it's the other way. So glad for all the help you are getting from such wonderful people. The world is full of such good people we never even get to meet in our lifetimes. Nice to know a few. Glad things are picking up. Hope Kacie gets to feeling better physically soon. St. George is WARM. I take the night shift with little Olivia and just love it.
I am glad things look better today. We sure love you guys and are praying for Kacie's quick recovery.
Post a Comment