This pictures was taken with my (Grandma Sue's) cell phone camera just after Kacie got her feeding tube out. I just wanted to share that moment in time with all of you and thank you for your never ending devotion, prayers, cards, phone calls, visits, and staying connected to Kacie and Tammy along with Scott, Brandon, and Brady by following this blog. We love each of you and hope you know how much you are appreciated!Dr. Jenkins praised the medical staff at St. Lukes for their care of Kacie. We'd like to echo that sentiment. Additionally, the Ronald McDonald House is such a blessing to families going through medical trauma with children. We can't thank them enough for the way they've gone the extra mile to see that the Talbot Family was as comfortable as possible during this time.
Our hearts are overflowing with THANK YOU's. And most of all for God's miracle in Kacie's journey toward healing. We thank Him for His tender mercies.
8 comments:
Wow, we're so happy that this moment has finally come for ALL of you! What a tough, long journey you have been on! Your entire family is an inspiration to us of patience, perserverence and faith. Congratulations!!
Yeah! So grateful you are coming home and that you will all be together! I bet all the boys are excited too. We are thinking of you and will come visit soon after you are settled. Love you!
What beautiful smiles! I am soooo excited for them! Kacie your looking great!
WOW, you both look so happy and relieved. We are so happy that you are headed home, may God continue to bless all of you. with love the Houstons
FYI I visited with Tammy & Susan a few moments last night after they arrived home. I asked about a return to school. Tammy said the Dr. says not till January. The boxes of dialysis fluids are like a mountain in Kacie's bedroom where she'll still be spending a lot of time. This will still be a time of challenge but it will be so much more comfortable in familiar surroundings. Susan also showed me that Rosie put a counter on Kacie's site several days after she started it. It was just short of 5,000 hits last night late. What a blessing the blog has been for all of us to keep connected with them when we couldn't visit in person. Thank you Rosie for starting it and Tammy & Susan for keeping us constantly informed! Please keep it going until we hear that she's completely in the clear! Love, Aunt Barbara
CONGRATULATIONS!!! We are so glad that you are HOME! You have been such wonderful examples of strength and perserverance! We can't wait until we get to see you next week! Kyle and Mckinley are excited to come and play the Wii with you! We love you and pray for your continued success!
Yea! I'm so happy for all of you.
You don't know me but I'm a friend of Rosie. I hope her recovery is fast and full!
Tammy,
I'm so glad you are all home together now and that you are kind of getting settled in to some degree.
I wanted to tell you again what a wonderful job you did last night at the YW's Night of Excellence program. You spoke from the heart and were able to use so many of your life experiences as of late and relate them to the "marathon" theme. I'm not sure if you realize what an inspiration you are to everyone, but I hope that someday you will come to not only know it, but also to believe it as well. You're a good soul.
I love you.
Tami
Post a Comment