Monday, October 13, 2008

Kacie Still Not Convinced This is Our Last Night

The plan is for us to go to the Ronald McDonald house tomorrow until Kacie's feeding tube is out. She is still not convinced this is our last night here in the hospital. We will see what tomorrow brings, but I'm pretty sure we will be moving tomorrow. I just wish it was home instead, but at least this way we will be closer if we have any trouble. The dietician is even planning on coming to the RMH to help us with her calorie intake. Talked to Dr. Jenkins and he wants continual updates on her progress. He is even giving me his cell phone number, so as Tami put it, he will be my new BF. They are taking out her central line tonight and he assured me that she will only need blood drawn once a week now. Today her BUN was 63 and her creatinine was 6.3

Kacie got to spend some time with her Aunt Anita and her cousins Taylor, Ryan & Lindsay. Kacie's Aunt Stacie even brought some crafts for them to do and they had fun playing Break the Ice.

2 comments:

houstons said...

CONGRATULATIONS on your big move. I am so excited for you guys, I am sure you will all be more comfortable in a more home like setting. I guess this is just a baby step, towards the big move HOME, hopefully Kacie can relax more there and eat and eat, and keep it all down. Let us know if there is anything we can do. We continue to pray for you all. Much love
The Houstons

Grandma Sue said...

Kacie you looked wonderful today when Grandpa & I stopped to see you. We were pleasantly surprised to see how much you have improved since last Friday. You just get more beautiful everytime we see you. Tammy, you looked great, too! We could tell that you are both excited yet nervous for the transition tomorrow. We sure do love you and the "boys", and continue to treasure each moment spent together.

P.S. What a fun thing for Aunt Stacie to bring crafts to do together. We marvel at the creativity of your extended family and friends.