Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Oct. 8 (Wed.)

Kacie's blood work was exciting today in that her creatinine dropped to 6.2 and her BUN was 73. Dr. Chang said that it looked like her platelet counts are stable enough now that she will not need to follow Kacie anymore. Tammy told her that she's welcome to come by anytime for a friendly visit.

She had her upper GI. The doctor threatened Kacie that if she couldn't drink the stuff that lights up on the way down that he would sedate her and put in the feeding tube. She worked really hard and got most of it down. The last little bit came back up but they got enough in they didn't need to sedate her. They took multiple x-rays starting around 12:00 pm until 6:00 pm. All the preliminary results look OK.

Kacie got about an hour and a half out of the hospital. She wanted to go to Chuck A Rama. So far she has been able to keep all her meds down tonight. Lets hope they stay down.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yea that her levels are getting lower!! Only 4.2 more to go on the creatinine and no more dialysis, right?!
I'm impressed you could gag that nasty stuff for the GI test, Kacie...good job! Give your mom and grandma a squeeze for us!
Love,
Tami

houstons said...

That is fabulous news on all of her x-rays and the levels on her bun and creatine, I bet Kacie really enjoyed getting out of that hospital for a while tonight. Kacie you are such a trooper and we are really proud of you. Keep up the great work and progress. I am looking forward to a big PARTY when you come home. We will continue to pray for you and your family. I really feel our prayers getting answered. Much love

The Houstons

Taryn said...

I am so glad she has a new room and it's going to heal her :) I really hope all keeps going well. We keep praying for you all. Lots of love!

Grandma Sue said...

Kacie & Tammy: We were so excited that the creatinine is coming down. We love you both and want you to know that you are constantly in our thoughts and prayers. Keep up the great work! We love you! Grandpa & Grandma

P.S. I, too, love the "healing" room!