Saturday, October 11, 2008

Eight Weeks Today

Can you believe we have been here eight weeks now. I never would have guessed we would be here this long. Kacie made it all night and so far today without throwing up. I really think it has been more from less medications than anything else. She hasn't even had any nausea medicines today. Dr. Jansen told her if she could eat 1200 calories today he would take her feeding tube out in the morning. I'm not sure she is going to make it. Yesterday she had 750 calories and she might be slightly over that today. Their goal for Kacie is 1700 calories a day and they just might let us go home. They decreased her Clonidine patch hoping that will help with her sleepiness. Kacie's creatinine was 6.1 and her BUN 65 and her platelets were 276.

Kacie got to go to her cousins house for about an hour and a half and then they came back with her to the hospital. When I went to park after dropping them off, I saw a fox in the shrubs. Who would ever think you would see a fox in downtown Boise Idaho. When we got back to the room Bishop and Tami were there to greet us with a box of Krispy Kreme doughnuts which we all enjoyed. He hasn't missed a Saturday since we have been here, but we are hoping it is our last:) You two are awesome, thanks so much for all your support!

Oh and did I mention that Kacie peed 700cc today. That is another record.

4 comments:

houstons said...

Tammy, you are such an AMAZING mom, I know you say you do it because you just have no choice you deal with what God gives you , but there are plenty of people out there who don't and I just want you to know I think you are incredible and your entire family is so so lucky and blessed to have you. Glad to hear the news that Kacie is keeping down all of her food and nausea is going away, what a relief that must be. I can't believe you guys got snow, and now seeing a fox, better keep your eyes peeled you just might see Santa peeking around :) HA HA. Well have a great rest of the weekend, you are all always in our prayers. Much Love
The Houstons

Grandma Sue said...

WOW, we loved reading this blog. We are so excited that Kacie broke new records today. We, too, appreciate our Bishop and his sweet wife for their constant support. Glad that Brooke and Brittany could come visit. I bet there were lots of giggles. Hope you have a wonderful Sunday. You are in our thoughts and prayers. We love you!

P.S. Amen to what The Houstons said.

Barbara Lou said...

Sorry I missed you Saturday. They said you were out on a pass. And I must have just missed Bishop & Tami, too! Juliene's family sent the blue bear & journal up from Logan. I had a bad time coming over Sweetzer Pass at 19 MPH with a snow floor and when I got to Wade's he had 10 inches of snow. But by the time I got to Bliss the roads were dri and it's good to be home again. Look forward to seeing you soon. Aunt Barbara

rosie said...

We will keep our fingers crossed that you get to come home this next week! Great job on breaking new records, it is awesome that your creatinine is getting lower! We miss and love you tons!