Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Sept. 3, 2008 Update


We are so happy that today Kacie has been able to keep everything down. If she continues throughout the night they will take out her NG tube tomorrow. Yesterday they did an ultra-sound on her pancreas, gallbladder, kidneys and liver. They wanted to make sure there was no cysts in her pancreas or stones in her gallbladder. Everything looked normal, still a little inflamed but everything looks likes it is still improving. So they said she could start introducing some more food. Doctor McConnell was a little concerned that Kacie is showing signs of depression so he prescribed some happy pills. He also thought it would be a good idea if some friends from school could come again soon.

Saw Dr. Jenkins again today. He was pleased with her pancreas counts, (lipase is 568) kidney counts (91 and 8.5) and urine output. He wants to add some diuretics in a couple of days and maybe stop her dialysis this weekend. He is hoping by next Wednesday, Kacie can go home. (I hope I didn't just jinks ourselves.)

Kacie walked some today and shot some baskets in the outdoor play area. She said that it was easier today when she walked. We were also able to take her to the tub room and wash her hair, which she loved, but would have preferred to soak in the tub.

7 comments:

Pam And Scott said...

yea Kacie I hope you get to go home too!! I think that would be the best happy pill you could get!

Jennilyn said...

So exciting! I'm so glad you had a good day today Kacie and we will keep on a praying that things keep getting better and that you will get to go home soon!

Grandma Sue said...

Kacie, it looked so fun seeing you shoot baskets! I know that what you are doing is hard work. Grandpa and I are so proud of every effort you make to do what they ask you to do. We can't wait until you are home again and we can play games together. Please always remember that we love you!

Tammy, we love you, too, and pray for you every day as well. Love, Grandma Sue

rosie said...

Kacie,
That is great you went outside today! We are glad you are getting stronger and it is easier for you to walk. You are making really big progress...especially when you think about how you felt a week ago! Keep up the good work! We love you!

Reid and Laura said...

It's good to see you shooting some hoops. You gota keep up your good form so you and I will still be able to beat EJ and the gang. Love you, have a great day!

Anonymous said...

Kacie,
What a wonderful blog entry today! We are soooo grateful you are doing better, and we pray that things just keep getting better & BETTER!! We love your family, and know that soon you'll all be home together again. May Heavenly Father continue to bless you with all you desire - Love, Mark D. & Brenda

Anonymous said...

Kacie & Tammy,
I was so glad to spend some time with you yesterday...it made my whole day! Kacie, you are doing great and we will be glad, too, when you can get up and move around more (we can't wait for your next dance video!).
Tammy, remember that I'm here and will do anything you need to help you through all of this. You are an amazing mom! I keep thinking of a quote that a dear friend gave to me after Karli & Lance's 4-wheeler accident that gave me a lot of peace and hope. I'm sure you may have heard it, but here it is anyhow:
"No pain that we suffer, no trial that we experience is wasted. It ministers to our education, to the development of such qualities as patience, faith, fortitude, & humility. All that we suffer and all that we suffer and all that we endure, especially when we endure it patiently, builds up our characters, purifies our hearts, expends our souls, and makes us more tender and charitable, more worthy to be called the children of God...and it is through sorrow and suffering, toil and tribulation, that we gain the education that we come here to acquire and which will make us more like our Father and Mother in Heaven." (Orson F. Whitney)
I love you!
Tami