Monday, May 24, 2010

Last Full Day in Portland

Kacie saw Dr. Jenkins again this morning. Blood pressure is good and all her blood work was OK. She is still a little anemic from all the blood she lost during surgery, but her kidney function is stable. We didn't find out about her Prograf level until 6pm and that is when we got the OK to go home. We had to add one more pill a day of the Prograf. Kacie is down to blood work twice a week on Monday and Thursday. We will be seeing Dr. Jenkins in Boise twice a month beginning June 2nd. He stressed again the need for Kacie to not be around anyone that is sick for the next three months, but he doesn't want Kacie to live in a bubble either so once her PD catheter comes out she can swim and be as active as she wants. However, he said no playing in the dirt, traveling to any southern desert states and P.E. this fall.

The rest of our day was filled with some shopping, eating, a visit to the Portland temple (I had forgotten how beautiful it is) more eating and then packing to go home.







We are so grateful that Kacie is doing so well. I can't believe it has just been two weeks since her surgery. I remember how anxious and upset she was when we headed to Portland and then the morning after surgery how relieved she was when she said, "I'm so glad it's over." Our thoughts still go out to the donor family. What a wonderful gift, you will always have a special place in our hearts!

3 comments:

Grandma Sue said...

I'm so excited/nervous about going home. Thanks for the Portland memories and for allowing me to be part of the past two weeks. I'm am in awe at how well you have both handled everything that's been thrown at you. You are AMAZING!!! Love you...

Anonymous said...

I can't believe you're on your way home already! It seems so fast and yet forever at the same time. Drive safely and know that everyone here is still praying for a full recovery. You are all such wonderful examples to us! Love you!

Pam And Scott said...

Beautiful pictures!! But what is more beautiful is your going home!!! So excited for you all...it has been a long road, but with only good to come:)