Kacie actually followed the book this time. She got her catheter and central line out on day five just as scheduled. She also got her first BM over with so that meant she got the clearance to bust out of the hospital. I think we were all amazed that everything went as planned. We said goodbye to Kacie's Dad and Grandpa and hopefully Doernbechers for the last time. While Mom and I were packing up Kacie fell asleep so we let her sleep for awhile and then we were out of there by 3:00pm. I was so amazed that Kacie walked all the way to the car and then to our room at the hotel.


We made it back to the Marriott Residence Inn where we will be staying for the next week or two. We had a good visit with Joshua and Emily Alder and just enjoyed the freedom from the hospital. We will see if Kacie likes her new nurse...her Mom:)
Thank you so much for all the love and support. We truly feel blessed with many wonderful friends and family. We were so sorry to hear about the loss of a dear friend. Our hearts and prayers go out to the Houston family, Jim was a great man, he will be missed.
7 comments:
We still can't believe how quickly everything has gone by this past week! It almost seems like a dream...
So glad that Kacie is doing so great and that you are holding up along with her. I will try and email your mom the pictures of Jeff getting off of the airplane yesterday. That was a tender experience...especially when he saw his mom for the first time after so long. Love to all.
I have been following your blog daily, as well as facebook. My computer keys are not typing very well, so haven't responded as much as I would like. I'm so glad everything is going well. You all deserve that, due to such a long wait for this little kidney! We love you and our prayers are with you!
I am so glad that you are out of the hospital! That is great that Kacie is so strong. Glad to hear that she walked out of the hospital and to her room. She is amazing! Thanks for keeping us posted!
It was so fun to get to Skype with you guys last night. It is fun to visual your hotel room and she Kacie doing so great! We love you!
I wish there was an option to fix all my typos! LOL
I meant to say, "It is fun to VISUALIZE your hotel room and SEE Kacie doing so great!" :)
WE LOVE YA!
yeahh!!! she's doing soo great! I love that she's been giving the ok to bust out of the hospital! I'm sure she will love her new nurse tammy just as much and more as she loved all the hospital nurses!
We are sooo happy that things are going so well. I know Kacie still had major surgery, and that's painful, so she must be one tough girl!! I've been in Vegas since Wednesday, so I've loved the text messages, Katie has no internet yet. Today's been a fun day to catch up on the updates and pictures from my computer. Thanks for all the info, it makes us feel part of this, and I love that because you have all become very special friends to us. We are so proud of you. Your example of faith, devotion, and trust in the Lord is inspiring to us all. Our prayers are with you, and we hope every day just keeps getting better and better! P.S. Great news today about the blood pressure!!! Love Ya!
It was nice visiting with you all on Sunday. Let us know if we can do anything for you while you're in Portland!
Post a Comment