They took Kacie back to the OR at 12 pm. She was in fairly good spirits prior to leaving.
(3:00 pm) I got a call from one of the nurses. Kacie is doing fine. The incision was started at 1:00 and he would call us again with another update in two hours.
(5:30 pm) I got another update and Kacie is doing great. They have the main artery attached and it is flowing profusely which sounded good. She has another 1-2 hours to go.
This is the picture of the type of procedure they performed on Kacie today.

(6:25 pm) Just talked to the anesthesiologist and the kidney is already producing urine which is amazing because they said it could take up to 24 hours for it to start working. The ureter is also flowing profusely and they are starting to close. Will still be another hour.
(7:00 pm) Dr. Rayhill the surgeon came out to talk to us. He said that Kacie did really good. He said we were really fortunate to get such a healthy, non sleepy kidney. All he knew about the donor was that he or she was a younger person that was in a car accident which occurred in the Portland area. He also explained to us that Kacie had some titanium staples inside that would show up on an x-ray.
(8:00 pm) Scott and I were able to go see Kacie in recovery and she looked great! Her coloring was pink and she was in and out of sleep and talked some! What a miracle this has been! When Kacie finally made it to the ICU and was settled in she said to Scott and I, "I'm glad it's over!"
No comments:
Post a Comment