Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Update August 26 2:00

Kacie has been more alert today even though she's not talking much yet. She did have an upset stomach earlier which they think has been caused by her bloody nose draining back into her stomach. Her chest x-ray this morning showed that her lungs are clear. She is on room air only and just on the oxygen mask 6 hours at night.

We just talked to Dr. Jansen. Kacie has not had to have insulin since 3:00 am which was great news for the doctor (they check it every hour so her finger tips are really sore). They are increasing her nutrition every hour. Her last dose of blood pressure medication was at 7:00 am and has been maintaining just fine. They are putting in 900cc of fluid every 2 hours and getting more out which is what they want. The doctor from Portland will be here tomorrow. We are anxious to receive his report.

The best news is that the doctor said she could have ice chips, YEAH!!!! He also said he thought we were over the worst of it, we just need those kidneys working. There has been no sign of urine output so far today.

5 comments:

rosie said...

Kacie,
Great work! Chomp that ice like a little beaver! We love you!
Love, EJ and Family

Grandma Sue said...

Dear Kacie:
I am here with you in the hospital. This is the day they finally gave you ice chips. You look so much better than you did yesterday. I can't imagine all you've been through, but I want you to know that you are my hero. I've never known anyone personally who has battled E-coli. I had no idea that it was such a painful disease.

Kacie, I love you more than I have words to express. I so enjoy the many trips that you and I have taken together. You are my traveling companion and partner. I so enjoy having you come with me when I go to Rosie's or to Reid's or just shopping or whatever. You have a special place in my heart and always will.

I love you my sweet, wonderful, beautiful, and inspirational
granddaughter. Love always and forever, Grandma Sue

Reid and Laura said...

Kacie,
Very cool, we are all excited to hear the improvement. We're glad that you can finally get some form of water in your mouth. Enjoy!
Love, Reid and fam.

houstons said...

Kacie,

we are sure glad to hear that things are finally looking better for you, you are sure a sweet little girl, we hope you get to come home soon. we will continue to keep you and your family in our prayers. Love the Houstons

houstons said...

Kacie,
We are so glad to hear you
are doing better. We can't
wait until you're running laps
around our front yard, and playing DS on the bunk beds again.

We miss you, and wish you a
speedy recovery. You are
such a strong girl!!

We love you,
Ron,Stacie,Taylor,Ryan and Lindsay