Monday, August 25, 2008

UPDATE: August 25th 10:30 a.m.


Not much change today. They are still medicating Kacie for her fever. So far the blood culture doesn't show any bad stuff growing (that's a good thing). They've put some tablets in a pad to try and determine for sure whether she is passing urine from the kidneys, or just what the liquid is. She's still very sleepy. They just did another ultra sound, when we get the results we will let you know.

12:30 Nurses bathed Kacie and washed her hair. They have a beautiful purple gown on her. She looks so refreshed. She was awake and responsive for about an hour. She wanted a movie and is watching "Mary Poppins" Actually she is dosing through most of it, but we are just glad she wanted to watch.

5 comments:

Jennilyn Kent said...

That is so cool she wanted to watch a movie! I'm glad things are looking a little bit better! That is so awesome that Elder Kikuchi visited and gave her a blessing. We love you Kacie and continue to pray for you!

Rawlins girls said...

Hey! We are so glad to know that Kacie is doing better! Shes starting to sound like her old self again! We miss her and love her soooo much! Love Kim Brooke & Britt

houstons said...

Great news that she is more alert and wanting to do things, I pray she continues to improve everyday, Can't wait to see you all again.

The Houstons

rosie said...

Kacie,
You are so beautiful! We are glad you wanting to watch a movie! Kyle and Mckinley ask about you all the time! We are praying for you sweetheart! We love you!

Jenny Cook said...

Hi, you don't know me but Rosie told me about what is going on with your daughter and I couldn't help but feel compassion for you. I have just been through something similar with my daughter. She had HUS also. She was released from Primary Childrens Hospital a week and a half ago. Its so hard as a mother to see your little girl go through something like this. I'm no expert on the matter but...just a few suggestions. 1. DON'T beat yourself up about it. This is NOT your fault!! 2. Ask a million questions. You are your daughters BEST help. The doctors have the knowledge but you have the intuition. They care what you think and if you are willing to share your feelings about how it is going, most doctors would jump on the chance to hear what you think. No one knows your daughter like you do. (I would love to tell you more specifics as to what happened and why I feel this way. Rosie can get you my number if you want.) 3. Let people help you! Its hard but if you need help, accept it. Ask people to pray for her. It will help. Kacie will definetly be in our prayers. My daughter Cassidy is doing GREAT now! Kacie will pull through. Its hard to beleive the differance in Cassidy in such a relatively short period of time. She seems like the same old energetic kid! I hope our success story brings you some happiness. I will pray for Kacie AND you!