Thursday, July 29, 2010
Oregon Coast & Kidney Camp
Thursday the 22nd we headed to Seaside. On the way we stopped at Multnomah Falls. We hiked up to the bridge and then Brady wanted to keep going. It was too much for Kacie so she headed back down with Scott. Brady, Jocie and I kept going until he decided he was done and wanted to go to the Ocean. When we made it back to the falls he waved bye, bye and said to the falls, "I'm going to the Ocean and I'll be right back!" It was so cute.



The kids loved the ocean at Seaside. They also swam at the hotel, rode the carousel, ate pizza and bread sticks and enjoyed the shops. On Friday we found a wonderful candy store. They had everything including chocolate covered bacon.

Here we are on our way to the Tillamook factory and then on to the Kidney Camp. Brady loved watching the cheese get made and we all loved the ice cream and cheese curds.
These are the Kidney Kids that are either waiting or had a transplant.
These are the Kidney Kids plus 10 living donors and three doctors.
Jocie and Kacie really liked Caroline (volunteer)
Lindsay and Allie were their group leaders. They were the Rowdy Rhinos. They had lots of fun doing crafts, playing minute to win it, making kites and swimming. The last night Caroline finally talked Kacie into dancing with the rest of us to a live band. After Kacie started dancing then Dr. Jenkins joined in. We had a great trip!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
I can just hear Brady tell the falls "goodbye" that is too cute. I'm so glad that you had a wonderful trip. Seaside is one of my favorite spots on the Oregon Coast with Yachets a close 2nd. Thanks for posting the pictures... enjoyed them very much. What a thrill to see Kacie doing so well. Love you!
What cute girls. Their is only one person that could bring Jocie home early from my house.....KACIE! Glad they had such a great time. I was thinking just the other day that next summer those girls will be all ready to make cakes at my house. Should be fun.
Looks like you had a blast! I am glad that Kacie danced! I love all the pictures! I am glad that Jocie went with Kacie, I bet that will be something they will always remember! :)
PS I like your new background! That totally looks like Kacie!
I'm glad you had such a great trip! I still can't believe how well Kacie is doing...it almost seems like a dream, really!
Tell her I'll call when she gets back so we can get going on another "crafty" project! Love you guys!
So glad Kaycie is doing so well. I read that they had Kidney camp here in Utah and I was thinking of Kaycie and her Kidney camp in Oregon! So glad you had so much fun.
Post a Comment