Friday, March 20, 2009

So Far So Good!!!

I just found out that all my blood work and glucose tests were perfect! I go back to Portland on April 1st to have more tests and meet with the surgeon.

When we were in Portland last time they did blood cross matching tests where they put our blood together to see how well they like each other and that all came back good. Monday they did urine analysis and drew more blood and also did a glucose test.

We also learned in Portland that a kidney from a living donor will only last up to 18 years. That was new to me so I have been wondering about saving my kidney for later. I called Dr. Jenkins because I've been so worried about this and he told me that I would have a much greater chance of giving Kacie a kidney that would last a life time because we would have more markers that are the same. The other positive thing Kacie has going for her is that she does not have any other underlying diseases.

I also found out that my blood type is O+. I feel so blessed that so far I am able do this for Kacie. The nurse told me today that she has had some parents that can't donate just because neither parent has the same blood type as their child.

6 comments:

houstons said...

PRAISE GOD. I AM SO HAPPY RIGHT NOW. WHAT WONDERFUL NEWS. LETS CONTINUE TO PRAY FOR THE BLESSINGS TO KEEP POURING IN. LOVE YOU GUYS

THE HOUSTONS

Reid and Laura said...

We're crossing our fingers!! So excited for the positive info. Nice to know your blood type huh. My parents would be one of those unable to because neither one has my type. Crazy!

Anonymous said...

Hoorary for the good news! Thanks for calling today to let me know! Things just seem to be falling into place for you...finally. Hope you have a great weekend! Tell Kacie hi when she calls home...I'm sure she's having a great time!

Susie Stout said...

I'm glad your getting some breaks and that this is working out so far!!!

momof72nheaven said...

So happy to hear the great news.

rosie said...

We are so glad that things are moving in the right direction! That is so cool you are a PERFECT match! You are such great parents!

Thanks for sharing Kacie with us! We have had so much fun with her here! I will try and post some photos on here so you can see!
We love you!