Kacie and Brandon both had appointments this week.
Dr. Jenkins was very impressed with how well Kacie looked. He asked me if I was giving her supplements because he was so shocked with how good her blood work was. I told him it was all Kacie. She is very good at knowing what food she can eat and has taken total control of her medications. He said she is ready for the transplant and thinks maybe this May. We hope towards the end so Scott wouldn't miss any work.
Dr. Jenkins and Kacie were talking about playing the Wii and he wants to challenge Kacie to a game of ski jumping. I told him he better not try bowling because Kacie would probably beat him. (Today she scored 235)
Brandon saw Dr. Whitney for the first time. I was very impressed with him. We visited with him for about 90 minutes and Brandon maybe said two words. Dr. Whitney is gathering all of Brandon's past medical records to go over. He thinks there is still something physical that we are missing that is causing his problems. He wants Brandon to go to an Endocrinologist next. If we rule out everything possible then he will test him for Autism. He said kids just don't get diagnosed with autism when their 14 years old. The last thing Dr. Whitney told Brandon was that he wouldn't stop until Brandon was happy again. He also wanted me to email him with any sudden behavior changes that Brandon has.
5 comments:
Thanks for the update. It sounds like Kacie is taking great care of herself. What an example she is to all of us. I hope things start to improve with Brandon very soon. You are all in our prayers always.
Much love
The Houstons
Hi, Tammy! I hope you got at least one of the cookies we left last night...Brandon was inhaling them pretty fast, sorry! I hope that Kacie's throat is feeling better,too. I told her she had to be healthy or else we wouldn't be able to fly to Portland next month. I have to say again how much we think of your mom...she is always there for you and you are one lucky girl to have her so close. We think you're dad's pretty amazing, too, because he's "batching" it a lot of the time. Know that we love you and still pray for you every day. Love, Tami
Tammy,
I'm so glad you finally found a doctor for Brandon you like. I hope things stay positive with him. We are looking forward to having the fun, loving Brandon back. My boys miss playing Wii with him.
Kendalee
Did Kacie beat the doctor? Connor loves Wii games but I think Kacie could kick his butt as well! I'm glad you guys found a doctor for Brandon! Lets hope he will get better soon as well as the others. We love you guys!
Connor and Shayla Egan
Hi Scott & Tammy
Glad to hear things are better. You guys are still in our prayers.
Much Love
Paul & Lisa and family
Post a Comment