Thursday, June 10, 2010

Family Update

June 4th we got better news. Kacie's creatinine was down to .62 and we think we figured out the lab problem so we shouldn't have to go back to Portland.

June 8th Kacie saw her dialysis nurse for the 1st time since her transplant. She capped off her tube until it can be removed. Anyway, when we were leaving the nurse asked Kacie if she was going into High School next year......I about fell off my chair, I said no just 6th grade....she is growing up fast enough as it is :) Later we dropped off a care package (2 Old Navy shirts, 2 movies, Three Musketeers and Oreos) for Brandon's last day of school. I also took him a dozen Krispy Kremes to share with the home, but I wasn't able to see him because they have asked that we stay away for a month due to him being so homesick :( That has been hard.

June 9th we got more good news. We were able to bump up Kacie's surgery to removed her PD catheter to June 15th. Kacie was pretty excited about that!!!

Today I talked to Brandon's Bishop from the Meridian 1st ward and he is going to start taking Brandon to church for us. I hope it works out OK.

Brady is going to summer school. I think he is enjoying it, but early morning bus rides are a killer.

3 comments:

hayleyharts said...

I am so glad for the good news! and that you don't have to go back to portland. Kacie just looks so good and healthy. I hope you guys continue to have a wonderful and fun summer!

Grandma Sue said...

It is wonderful that Kacie is progressing so well. We get such a kick out of Brady and his love -- hate relationship with school. Our hearts feel for you and know that you miss Brandon. I think that is neat that you took him last day of school surprises. I hope it works out with his Bishop too. We sure do love you!!!

Anonymous said...

We are glad to hear all the positive updates on the family. Good Luck today with the surgery. I am sure Kacie will be happy to have that out of the way. We have had all sorts of sickness at our house the past few weeks, but we would love to come visit as soon as everyone is better!