Kacie's Uncle Steve has been testing for the past couple of months. There has been a lot of up and downs through his experience. The great news is that he is a really good match. Dr. Jenkins told us that he didn't want to say that he was a better match than me because I'm Kacie's Mom but we had a really lucky match. So good that Kacie won't have to be on as much anti-rejection medicine after the transplant. The bad news has been all the conflicting tests results he has had on his kidneys so the doctors have put Steve through a lot of testing. However, the latest news is they are going to let him continue testing in Portland. Tentatively he is scheduled to go on Dec 30th. We are so grateful to Steve for his willingness to do this for Kacie and also for our backup donor who is standing by in case Steve is unable to proceed. We love you both for this incredible gift of life.
We are still waiting to hear from Tomorrow's Hope regarding placement for Brandon. He has been accepted and the last we heard it will be in January sometime. He is currently on five different medications that is keeping him somewhat stable but still very withdrawn. When I met with the staff from Tomorrow's Hope they said their first goal for Brandon would be to get him off some of his medication. I really hope they can do this because Brandon has gained a lot of weight due to one of the side effects from the meds and this has caused him to fall a lot more, but more than that I hope he will be happier.
6 comments:
Yay-we'll keep praying and keeping our fingers crossed. And, glad to hear about the tomorrow's hope too. You guys are such a great family. Love you!
Tammy you are going through your trials with such grace. Everywhere we go in the community, and your family's situation comes up in conversation, I'm always told how much you are admired. We are excited that things are progressing for Steve as the donor. We pray everything turns out perfectly. We keep Brandon close in our prayers and our hearts. Always remember that we are here for you.
You are in our prayers daily, and we sooo agree Steve is performing a true labor of love. I know the Lord has this in His hands, and our hope is that all goes well for everyone!! Your family is truly an example to us all of service and cooperation. The service you render to each other is amazing. Please keep us in mind when problems arise, we truly want to help. Give your family a hug from us!! (I'm soooooo impressed with Brady's egg experience! That must have truly added to the stress for awhile, but you will all smile at the accomplishment down the road!)
so happy to have some good updates. I think about your family often. all our love!
Tammy, I just read Mom's comment and I must add that everyone tells me the same thing. Even strangers that you don't know ask me how you are doing. Many people are praying for you. We hope everything continues to go well! You are so AMAZING to us! We sure love you!
Love you and miss you terribly. I think of you guys often. We keep you in our prayers! How is little Brady doing? I miss his incredible smile in primary. Tell Kacie she and Jocie have to come visit to make cakes again and well you need to come too!
Post a Comment