Sunday, May 10, 2009

Happy Mother's Day

To all you moms out there we want to wish you a very Happy Mother's Day!

I know it has been awhile since we posted anything, Sorry. We did get some good news from Rosie's cross-match. She matches half of Kacie's DNA which is the same compatibility as I am. We were all pleasantly surprised. We are now waiting for her to do all of the rest of her testing. We are so grateful to her and her family for their willingness and sacrifice to do this. We would also like to thank all the others that have offered to be a donor and for once reason or another couldn't proceed. We sincerely appreciate all of your love and support. The last we were told is that we are looking at the end of June or first of July before we can do the transplant.

We are still having a lot of ups and downs with Brandon. If anyone has any expert advice on mental health issues, we could use all the help we can get.

Brady has been our little ray of sunshine through all this and we are so glad for the progress he is making with his speech.

6 comments:

Pam And Scott said...

I guess this is a process of patience. I'm a get it done now person, and hate the wait. You are holding up better than most. Good luck and please keep us posted.

Love my babes said...

That is great news about Rosie. Family is so wonderful. I am always praying and so are my kids. Hang in there all of you.

momof72nheaven said...

I am so glad Rosie's tests came out positive. I am always thinking about you guys.

Susie Stout said...

Glad Rosie might be a match, what a blessing. I don't know if I'm an expert but I have about 3 years of experience in all sorts of mental health so if you want to let me know what's going on I might be able to help you out with some ideas, I do have one idea for you no matter what it is.

Jenny said...

Kacie you are a very brave girl, your family and friends love you very much. Our Prayers are with you and your family. My parents work in the Logan Temple tomorrow I will have them put both your names in.

Unknown said...

Patience is such a hard trait to learn to master because we live in an instant world. You are a great example to all of us. Rosie is amazing, too. Such big hurdles you are both jumping over! And you are almost always smiling!!!!Love, Aunt Barbara